Monday, October 15, 2007

"The Attitude of Gratitude"

Thank you Father Al. Tonight's mass was amazing. I just had one of those feelings when I left of being so thankful that I attended. I mean, yes I'm glad to be there everytime that I go, but sometimes a certain feeling resonates. It also has to do with setting. I haven't sat in between two of my friends in awhile. Being surrounded by people who know and care about me is something I tend to take for granted. Yet not tonight. Tonight...the night that Father Al gave a homily about thankfulness, I was truly thankful. He said gratitude is the memory of the heart. I'm still trying to make sense of that statement, but I think it's true.

Will you let me be your servant
let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace to
let you be my servant too

At times my friends don't even understand that they're acting as blessings in my life.
Eric and Michael
-opening up and having me sit right in between them as opposed to on the side.
-making me laugh so hard at dinner. Sarcasm. It's fantastic.
-appreciating me for exactly who I am. Genuine happiness, that radiates out my cheek bones, showed itself tonight.

No comments: