Friday, May 25, 2007

The Little Prince

I really loved reading this book. Here's why:

"It's so mysterious, the land of tears."
"I was too young to know how to love her."
"I need to put up with two or three caterpillars if I want to get to know the butterflies."
"[People] have no roots, which hampers them a good deal."
"Language is the source of misunderstandings"
"I'll discover what it costs to be happy!"
"Go look at the roses again. You'll understand that yours is the only rose in all the world."
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisable to the eyes."
"You see nothing. You hear nothing. And yet something shines, someting sings in that silence..."
"but when someone blushes, doesn't it mean 'yes'?"
"You understand. It's too far away. I can't take this body with me. It's too heavy."

he possesses honesty and selflessness. i believe he's probably an angel.


*on a funnier note, after reading this quotation: "If the two billion inhabitants of the globe were to stand close together...they would easily fit into a city block that was 20 miles long and 20 miles wide." I decided to calculate it and decided this could only be true if all the people there were each HUGGING one other person. Pretty good conclusion, no? the next lines in the story proceeded to say not to try to calculate it because that's what grown ups do! So I guess I'm officially a grown up, I must say that kind of sucks. but i love the hugging part!

2 comments:

denise! said...

i like this line a lot:

"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisable to the eyes."

denise! said...

*invisible. :)