Thursday, June 12, 2008

i'll never tire of:

sipping tea in the wee morning hours
awaiting the approach of the sun
finally allowing my body the rest it's been desiring
the quiet, cool night air
having inspiration strike and furiously writing at 3 am.

i'm going to bask in the beauty that is college insanity for as long as i possibly can until i venture out into the world of rationality and sleeping while it's dark outside. as cringe-worthy as paper writing is, i'm not ready to give it up yet. i'm not ready to say good-bye to that which is berkeley and to all of my ambivalent feelings towards my requirements as a student. wow, how can 3 years have gone by already? each one vastly different than the year preceding it. what surprises will my last one hold... ha, i've got three more weeks of that intensity which i like to call summer session A before i can allow myself to ponder the upcoming year. on that note, i'll retreat back to my 750 words on the "dirty war" of Argentina in the late 1970's. i'm really starting to appreciate the profound effects of the things that i learn daily on my opinions and understanding of myself and the world. the need for compassion and respect is so evident. and, i'm becoming more positive everyday that i will only be happy if i can in someway dedicate my life to making those bolded concepts a reality for as many people as possible.

No comments: