Thursday, September 17, 2009

OH MY GOODNESS!

Am I ever so glad for the work day to be done!
After lunch was so much better!
I went back into my room to find three sleeping babies.
Two had gone home.
My eternal gratitude goes to Valerie, who calmed the stormy seas of infant-land!
I honestly almost started crying during lunch.
My eyes welled up and then I decided to call my dad.
I told him about my five crying babies and he chuckled...obviously having gone through worse things in his life. Then he said he'd gladly trade my dog who barks all night long for all the babies! What a jokester!
I needed a hug...and I got one in the form of dad on the phone.
The silence of the room when I returned had never felt so essential and necessary.
Today was so hard, but we made it through.
The babies all went home with smiles on their faces,
and their mothers all picked them up in gratitude.

Hahaha, and I couldn't help but laugh when, on three separate occasions today, a baby went to the bathroom while I was changing them! Good thing I had the diaper there to block it. Either I'm crazy or my job actually is humorous because I just started laughing! Thank goodness for comic relief.

Oh baby! Looking forward to 8 AM tomorrow....

3 comments:

Malachi said...

giving you a hug from CA! hang in there!

Joe said...

babies--who needs em!

Leila said...

you're doing great!