Friday, September 12, 2008

so many things to say...

only one little blog to say them in.

for clarity's sake, let's go in reverse chronological order:

1) i just spent a few hours of my life watching 2 incredible documentaries. it was some of the most amazing video footage i've ever seen. but beyond that, i was able to see into the lives of others like never before. i could not have imagined the lifestyles that i witnessed on these films.
a "forgotten" village in a remote part of the himalayas.
marriage ceremonies
constant hard work
scaling mountains of snow
intense love for God. desire to be good people.
knowing what it means to use your heart as a guide
(for something other than personal gain or a romantic relationship)
they just seemed so beautiful and pure.
living in the present with no conception to do so any differently

in a certain part of ethiopia,
honey is regarded as the "elixir of life"
necessary to the livelihood of the people there.
they live in tribes
and there is war
and initiation rights for manhood
and women with elaborate dress
who get to choose their husbands.

so, so, so many different people and concepts about the way life is.
i just can't find words to describe how wonderful it all is.
is.
is.
is.

2) lucky charms has a new marshmellow shaped like an hourglass. i'm not sure how i feel about this yet.

3) i encountered many of my acquaintances/friends/glimmers today.
the benefit of this is: my smile was constantly being replenished throughout the day. i love unexpected chats and really good hugs. (and i mean really good)

4) my wife called and she was entirely filled with joy for the first time in a long time. she was treated with care and kindness and like a princess. she definitely deserved it. so my extreme gratitude goes to paul in this moment. thank you for recognizing her beauty.

5) cake

6) hahahahahaha. finding out who the author of sex on tuesday is. SO SHOCKING. part of me still doesn't believe it. ha, but i think the funniest part is that the glimmer is still totally there.

7) finally getting hired. and at the preschool no less! i can't wait to hear all the murmurs and excited squeals and happy giggles of tiny persons born no earlier than 2004. they are such a joy. and have a contagious air of wonder about them. i feel so blessed and i haven't even started yet.

8) being invited to weddings.

9) understanding that my life isn't static. its constant fluidity, and my ability to incite fluctuation has become more lucid.


here's a list of random things i like:
  • knitted leg warmers
  • my redorange (like the crayola color) sweater
  • turtles
  • spaghetti squash
  • dried cranberries
  • old photographs of my parents
  • my treehouse-esque room
  • the silence and breeze of the early morning
  • compasses and maps
  • wildflowers
  • grace

13 comments:

Malachi said...

2004!?

Way to make me feel old and unaccomplished, Hughey.

la said...

omg THAT's who's doing sex on tuesdays?!?!??!

hahahahahah

Juliette said...

to mike: no problem!

to lisa: i know right?! i honestly don't believe it.

Leila said...

to juliette: i know right?!

la said...

to leila:
I KNOW, RIGHT?!

learn it. use it. embrace it. love it. hahaha

Malachi said...

to lisa: I mildly hate you for introducing me to that phrase. Friends I've known for years have asked me where I got that from. I smile and say, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

ben said...

so Juliette's blog is where we congregate now...well it is a nice place.

Joanna said...

I'm proud to have broken the Sex scandal!

Also, I have noticed the increasing shortening of "I know, right?!" to just "Right?!".

Your thoughts, please.

ben said...

I often say, "Right?!" but never, NEVER, "I Know Right?!" unless of course its in a British accent in which case i do and its all the time.

Leila said...

to i know right: VETO

la said...

let the record show that jo said, "your thoughts," yet ANOTHER transferable phrase that i stole from alex/mike and have now transferred to the fm. hahahah

Juliette said...

The only thing I'm vetoing is the further reading of Sex on Tuesday.
Sheesh...too explicit for me!

Malachi said...

to everyone: I'm sure glad I clicked on the "email follow up comments" button.